Daily Healthy Tips
* Take a walk. A short 30-minute walk has numerous health benefits. Walking
can reduce the risk of many health problems such as heart attack, type 2
diabetes, and lower stress levels.
* Quit Smoking. Although quitting smoking is not easy, it is an achievable goal. Within hours of quitting, your body begins the healing process that eventually leads to improved circulation, normal blood pressure levels, a renewed sense
of smell and taste, and of course a longer, healthier life.
* Reduce Stress. Taking small steps to reduce stress can make a difference
in your life. It is important to first learn what triggers stress in your life. From
there, you can learn to think positively. Also, it is important to spend a little
time everyday doing something you enjoy. Read a book, take a hot bath, or
talk with a friend, anything that makes you feel good.
* Get Some Sleep. Everyone needs sleep to survive, but making sure you get a good night’s rest every night will help you stay healthy. If you don’t get enough sleep at night, there may be an effect mental and physical performance the following day. Try to get into a bedtime routine. Doing the same things before bed every night prepares your body for rest. On average, adults need between 6-8 hours of sleep every night, and children (infants- school aged children) 10-13 hours.
* Take Medications Correctly. Whether the medication is prescription or over the counter, it is very important to follow the instructions, and only take your medications as directed. It is also important to tell your doctor about any other medications you are taking to make sure all the medications are safe to take together. If you ever have any questions or concerns about your medications, always contact your doctor or pharmacist.