Who is appropriate for aquatic therapy?
Exercising in an aquatic environment may be beneficial to those with the following conditions:
- Arthritis/joint pain
- Post-surgical recovery
- Difficulty with balance
- Parkinson’s disease
- Sensory disorders
- Low back pain, including that experienced by pregnant women
- Muscle stiffness or pulls
- Circulatory disorders
Features & Benefits
- Our indoor, therapeutic pool is located in Southeast Rehab Center.
- We may accommodate our rehabilitation outpatients with physical and occupational therapy.
- Our pool water is kept at a constant therapeutic temperature that helps aching muscles and joints to relax and improves blood circulation.
- A major benefit of aquatic therapy and/or exercise is buoyancy. The more submerged you become in the water, the less weight is felt, and the easier it is to move.
- Water also provides resistance during exercise, which may increase muscle strength and balance.
Do you have a question about Aquatic Therapy Services?
Please call Southeast Rehabilitation Center at (601) 947-9190.