"Promoting Health & Fitness with Your Well-being at Heart!"
As part of our commitment to help residents maintain good health, George Regional Health System maintains a full-service wellness center on Mill Street in Lucedale. The Center features modern equipment, well rounded exercise programs, personalized fitness testing, and professional supervision. We also feature special exercise programs for seniors.
Group excercise classes are free for members:
- Aquatic Classes
- Cardio Chisel: Combining strength moves along with cardio training
- Cardio Fusion: Circuit classes that combine dance and strength moves for a quick 30 min work out
- Kettle Core & More: This complete body workout using kettlebells is a fast way to work as many as 400 muscles at one time. A quick way to burn calories and to firm, tone, and shape from head to toe. This 45-minute session is a fun way to gain strength and endurance.
- Kick Boxing: 30 minutes of kicks, punches for strength and cardio fitness
- Pilates: Pilates is an exercise program designed to improve physical strength, flexibility, and posture.
- Power Yoga: A vigorous, fitness-based approach to Yoga. Power yoga classes most likely appeal to people who are already quite fit and already enjoy exercising. Prepare to work hard and work up a sweat!
- Silver Hearts: Low-impact, but high-energy and fun, Silver Hearts is geared to those who are 50+. However, anyone who needs an effective workout is welcome to join. Fitness, cardiovascular, strengthening, flexibility, and balance are all in one 45-minute session. You can even stay seated as you work out!
- Step Aerobics: Build stamina and burn fat through basic athletic and dance-based aerobic routines using an adjustable platform. Work your whole body, including core muscles, to high-energy music.
- Yoga: Gentle yet challenging “stretch & strength” moves make this hour-long class worth a try if you want to lower your stress level and blood pressure, while increasing muscle tone & flexibility.