"Promoting Health & Fitness with Your Well-being at Heart!"
As part of our commitment to help residents maintain good health, George Regional Health System maintains a full-service wellness center on Mill Street in Lucedale. The Center features modern equipment, well rounded exercise programs, personalized fitness testing, and professional supervision. We also feature special exercise programs for seniors.
Group excercise classes are free for members:
- AM Step: Aerobic style class using a step top increase coordination and heart rate with music from 128 to 132 bpm. With or without a step, this is a great workout for a beginner to the most athletic person.
- Aquafit: Fun workout done in a heated, indoor pool to relax muscle tension and arthritis pain throughout the body. Everyone can do this work out. Grab your swimsuit and get Aquafit!
- Cardio Chisel: Start your week with a circuit style calorie burning workout. Kick your metabolism in high gear as you build muscle to reshape your body for an improved you…
- FHIIT 30: Get FIT with HIIT in FHIIT 30! Intensive activity bursts followed by brief recovery periods kick your metabolism into overdrive, so your body keeps blitzing calories even hours later. FHIIT 30 focuses on full-body strength conditioning and is an effective workout in a short amount of time.
- Flex – Ability: A yoga based class using the chair, barre, wall, and mat to establish overall balance and flex – ability for any age. Everyone has the ability to be flexible.
- Happy Hearts: Low impact aerobics and toning class for most any age of fitness level. This is a fun, happy, and motivating group class to ensure your wellbeing at heart.
- Kettle Core and More: Workout using Kettlebells and other equipment during this exercise to work the core and much, much more…a class designed for fun and everyone!
- Pilates: A blend of exercises focusing on the core and back. Most are done on the mat; however, seated and standing are incorporated. Class is for beginner to an athletic person.
- PM Yoga: A yoga based class that calms and restores the body at the end of a busy day.
- Power Flow: A yoga based class using your full body, strength, and endurance to become stronger and more flexible. Beginners may need to modify some power flow moves.
- Silver Sneakers: A class taught on the guidelines of balance, coordination, toning, flexibility and a LOT of FUN! If you are having trouble with your memory, need better posture, or just need to get out of your house, this is the class for you!