“Promoting Health & Fitness with Your Well-being at Heart!”
As part of our commitment to help residents maintain good health, George Regional Health System maintains a full-service wellness center on Mill Street in Lucedale.
The Center features modern equipment, well rounded exercise programs, personalized fitness testing, and professional supervision. We also feature special exercise programs for seniors.
Kid Care Hours:
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday: 7:30 AM – 10:30 AM
- 30 Minute Lunch Classes
- Cardio Equipment
- Certified Personal Trainers
- Circuit Classes
- Free Weights
- Group Fitness Classes
- Nutritional Counseling
- Personalized Fitness Assessment
- Professional Supervision
- Weight Machines
Group exercise classes are free for members:
- AM Step: Aerobic style class using a step top increase coordination and heart rate with music from 128 to 132 bpm. With or without a step, this is a great workout for a beginner to the most athletic person.
- Aquafit: Fun workout done in a heated, indoor pool to relax muscle tension and arthritis pain throughout the body. Everyone can do this work out. Grab your swimsuit and get Aquafit!
- Cardio Chisel: Start your week with a circuit style calorie burning workout. Kick your metabolism in high gear as you build muscle to reshape your body for an improved you…
- Crunch 4 Lunch: Quick but intense, this 30-minute class is structured for those who don’t have much workout time but need to squeeze it all in. Work the ab and back region, while incorporating arms, legs and glutes at the same time!
- Dance Fit: This class combines fun, dance and fitness. It’s upbeat music and fun dance moves will keep you engaged and excited at every class.
- FHIIT 30: Get FIT with HIIT in FHIIT 30! Intensive activity bursts followed by brief recovery periods kick your metabolism into overdrive, so your body keeps blitzing calories even hours later. FHIIT 30 focuses on full-body strength conditioning and is an effective workout in a short amount of time.
- Fit2Go: A full-body work-out in only 30 minutes.
- Flex – Ability: A yoga based class using the chair, barre, wall, and mat to establish overall balance and flex – ability for any age. Everyone has the ability to be flexible.
- Happy Hearts: Low impact aerobics and toning class for most any age of fitness level. This is a fun, happy, and motivating group class to ensure your wellbeing at heart.
- Kettle Core and More: Workout using Kettlebells and other equipment during this exercise to work the core and much, much more…a class designed for fun and everyone!
- Pilates: A blend of exercises focusing on the core and back. Most are done on the mat; however, seated and standing are incorporated. Class is for beginner to an athletic person.
- PM Yoga: A yoga based class that calms and restores the body at the end of a busy day.
- Power Yoga: A vigorous, fitness-based approach to Yoga. Power yoga classes most likely appeal to people who are already quite fit and already enjoy exercising. Prepare to work hard and work up a sweat!
- Silver Sneakers: A class taught on the guidelines of balance, coordination, toning, flexibility and a LOT of FUN! If you are having trouble with your memory, need better posture, or just need to get out of your house, this is the class for you!
- Silver Hearts: Low-impact, but high-energy and fun, Silver Hearts is geared to those who are 50+. However, anyone who needs an effective workout is welcome to join. Fitness, cardiovascular, strengthening, flexibility, and balance are all in one 45-minute session. You can even stay seated as you work out!
- Step Aerobics: Build stamina and burn fat through basic athletic and dance-based aerobic routines using an adjustable platform. Work your whole body, including core muscles, to high-energy music.
- Yoga: Gentle yet challenging “stretch & strength” moves make this hour-long class worth a try if you want to lower your stress level and blood pressure, while increasing muscle tone & flexibility.